Transfaith is a multi-tradition, multi-racial, multi-gender organization which is now offering an online educational series called, Transfaith for Allies. The first course in the series is free, self-guided, and on demand! It’s an introduction designed to help those who want to deepen our commitment to caring for transgender communities. You can sign up now HERE.
In addition, Transfaith for Allies: Office Hours gives you live access to grassroots transgender leaders working across the country. It’s a perfect place to ask your next big question! Sign up now and join us on Saturday, March 18 as UMATI and RMN leaders will be special guests: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Still not convinced? Here are 5 reasons why you should check it out:
1. This conversation is happening (with or without you)! Like it or not, discussions are all over the place about transgender lives. Transfaith for Allies: An Introduction is a great way to think about how you can best join in the dialogue in ways that are meaningful and supportive, including what to do when things go wrong!
2. Most of us don’t know that many transgender people. It’s great so many of us know something about Laverne Cox, Caitlyn Jenner, and Katie Couric from TV and social media. But the best way to learn how to be a better ally is by getting to know grassroots transgender leaders who are working in communities all over the country. Transfaith for Allies: Office Hours will give you lots of opportunities to get to know diverse transgender leaders live and in person.
3. Everyone needs support. Most of us want to “do the right thing,” but it’s easy to get nervous about saying the “wrong” thing or confused about how to be helpful. The Transfaith for Allies series is all about providing a framework that you can use to figure your NEXT STEPS — and to do it in community with others who also want to support transgender communities.
4. The world is changing fast. Conversations about gender have changed so much in the last 10 years… 5 years… even in the last 2 years. Signing up for Transfaith for Allies means that you’ll be the first to know about new opportunities as they arise.
5. You can make a difference. The Transfaith for Allies: Friends and Family certification is not about becoming an expert or about making you march in lockstep with some particular agenda. Transfaith for Allies is first and foremost about exploring basic ways you can be better prepared to help transgender people in your own life to overcome isolation and despair. PLUS, your questions will shape the course and inspire future offerings from the Transfaith Institute!
Join us on March 18, 2017 at Noon Eastern for a very special Transfaith for Allies: Office Hours with United Methodist Alliance for Transgender Inclusion leadership, RMN’s transgender organizer, and RMN’s northern regional organizer. Bring your questions about transgender concerns in The United Methodist Church and join in the conversation!
Latest posts by Chris Paige (see all)
- 5 Reasons to Explore Transfaith for Allies: An Introduction - March 3, 2017